Chiropractic Care for Back Pain
Back pain is one of the most common ailments. It can become debilitating, making it hard to complete everyday tasks. However, chiropractic care can help alleviate back pain. At Vitality Health Services, serving Fremont and Hayward, CA, our chiropractor provides natural solutions for back pain and other ailments. We provide a variety of chiropractic services so we can meet the needs of each patient. Our goal is to help you live a healthy, pain-free life.
Causes of Back Pain
Back pain can be triggered by an injury, activity, poor posture, or medical conditions, including:
- Pulled muscle or tendon: Lifting heavy objects, engaging in workouts, and even sleeping in an inappropriate position can culminate in a sore back. This pain is an indication that you have a strained muscle or tendon in your back.
- Inflammation: Inflammation is part of your body's natural immune response, but can propagate discomfort and pain. If inflammation sprouts up because of an injury or ailment, it can result in chronic soreness in your back and spine.
- Osteoporosis: This is an ailment that causes bone mass to be reduced significantly in the spine, hips, and wrists. This diminished mass makes the bones weaker and can trigger painful fractures.
- Ruptured and bulging discs: If a disc herniates or protrudes, especially as you age, more pressure will compress a nerve, resulting in debilitating back pain.
- Sciatica: This occurs when a disc presses on the sciatic nerve. Sciatica causes pain on one side of the body in the back, butt, and leg.
Symptoms of Back Pain
Back pain may cause a variety of symptoms, depending on the type of injury. Some of the most common symptoms include:
- Unexplained weight loss
- Urinary incontinence
- Pain radiating down the legs
- Persistent back pain not eased by resting or lying down
- Inflammation in the back
- Numbness around the buttocks
- Pain when sitting or standing
- Inability to twist the back
How Our Chiropractor Can Help
Chiropractic care can provide relief from your back pain and help your body heal naturally. When you first visit us, our chiropractor at Vitality Health Services will perform a physical exam to look for the root cause of your pain. We will detect any underlying conditions. After a diagnosis, our chiropractor will create a personalized treatment plan for you. We may use one or a combination of the following methods:
- Spinal Adjustments
- Soft Tissue Therapy
- Corrective Exercises
- Cold Laser Therapy
- Muscle Stimulation
- Spinal Decompression
Visit Our Chiropractor in Fremont, CA for Back Pain Treatment
If you are experiencing back pain, you don’t have to continue suffering. At Vitality Health Services, serving Hayward and Fremont, CA, our chiropractor provides safe, effective treatment methods for back pain. We are happy to answer any questions you have. Call us today to schedule an appointment.