Neck Pain Treatment
Most people experience neck pain occasionally. It is one of the most common health complaints that, in most cases, occurs due to muscle overuse or poor posture. Sometimes, neck pain does not require any special treatment and goes away after a while. However, if it does not disappear after a while, you need treatment. At Vitality Health Services, serving Hayward and Fremont, CA, our chiropractor treats neck pain using natural techniques.
What Are the Causes of Neck Pain?
The most common neck pain causes include:
- Muscle strains: Common daily activities, such as sitting hunched over the computer, gritting your teeth, and reading in bed, can trigger muscle strains, causing neck pain.
- Nerve compression: Bone spurs or herniated disks can lead to nerve compression in your neck. As a result, you can experience chronic pain in the neck that does not go away.
- Injuries: Often, people experience neck pain after injuries, especially those caused by car accidents. In this case, chiropractic treatment will help.
- Diseases and health conditions: Diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, cancer, or meningitis can also cause neck pain.
- Worn joints: Just like any other joints in our body, neck joints tend to wear down with age. This condition is known as osteoarthritis and is characterized by the degeneration of the cushions between the bones.
Symptoms of Neck Pain
The most common symptoms and signs of pain in the neck include the following:
- Muscle spasms and stiffness
- Chronic pain that is worsened if you are holding your head in one position for an extended period of time
- Limited ability to move your head
What Is the Role of Our Chiropractor in Neck Pain Treatment?
Chiropractic treatment is common non-invasive care that is used for alleviating different types of pain, including neck pain. Our chiropractor uses special cervical manipulations that help loosen up the neck joints and reduce the pain in the neck. Chiropractic adjustments are helpful, gentle manipulations that are used for reducing joint restrictions and preventing neck pain from appearing again. We also offer soft tissue therapy, physiotherapy, corrective exercises, and more to help with neck pain. Our chiropractor will determine what treatment method is best for you.
Schedule an Appointment for Neck Pain Treatment
If you have been experiencing neck pain for a while, it is time to see our chiropractor. At Vitality Health Services, we can help. Serving Hayward and Fremont CA, our chiropractor provides a variety of non-invasive and alternative treatments that will help you achieve your wellness goals, including therapeutic massage, spinal manipulations, and others. Our variety of services and personalized care allows us to meet the needs of each patient. Our team wants to help you live a happy and healthy life. To learn more or to schedule an appointment, call us today.